Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day… you decide

So, back to the story…
I was so sure there was a little animal outside my window. Actually I wasn’t completely sure it was an animal, let’s be honest, it could have been a person too. I told myself it was an animal though. I couldn’t open the blinds to look outside at night, because I was waaay too scared. At first. But, the next day I got over my “what IS out there” feeling, and decided to look outside at night. For some reason I automatically thought I would instantly see this thing chewing on some wires then spot me looking at it and walk one leg at a time toward the window, then see someone standing behind me and fly off, making the other person in the room feel like I’m crazy for seeing an animal chewing on wires… that was long, I know, but do you appreciate the reference I’m trying to use?... You’re right, if you explain it, it’s not funny, so I won’t tell you what I was refereeing to if you don’t know (Twilight Zone w/ the flying monster on the plane & William Shatner. classic).
I looked outside and wow, I saw… absolutely nothing. It was too dark. All of a sudden, my warrior/hunter side kicked in (don’t worry. I didn’t go crazy, my version of hunter just means running a little when I think I see something). The next night I decided to get a flashlight. I should’ve done that in the first place, but I thought I’d see the creature chewing right in front… never mind. I heard the scratching and immediately jumped over books, cracked a whip to destroy the evil giant lizard, and ran a little to get to the window outside. (Lying about all of that, except getting to the window). I saw nothing… AGAIN!
As I stuck my head through the blinds, I heard a seriously nerve racking noise to the left of me. It sounded so close. I got really scared, and ran out of the room, then thought, “hey me, that was stupid, nothing’s in the room except you… and your imaginary friend” so I went back in, embarrassed with myself. My imaginary friend was laughing at me too. But, that is indeed when I realized nothing was outside… it was on the roof and possibly in the walls the whole time!! Ha ha ha, I felt better…. Then I realized, no, I don’t feel better, I feel WORSE!
So, that’s where I am now. I don’t know what will come of that animal. Sadly hoping it dies so that it doesn’t somehow get inside the house. Does that make me a bad person?
Until Next Time
J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment