Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It’s Wilde

Today is really cool and a little sad for me; Bo Burnham is going to be on Conan tonight, so even if one person sees this, WATCH!! He’s hilarious. I’m so excited :) I definitely can’t hide it… I tried to early, it didn’t work.
However, it’s a little sad, because today is the day Oscar Wilde died. He was an amazing writer of the 1800’s. He died today in 1900. I think he was sooo beyond his time. He had amazing insight. By reading his quotes, I realized that people were exactly the same then as they are now. Here’s one:
Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
I thought people were only like that nowadays, not back then. Here’s a few more I just happen to like:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong
The nicest feeling in the world is to do a good deed anonymously--and have somebody find out
I love talking about nothing; it is the only thing I know anything about
There are many things that we would throw away if we were not afraid that others might pick them up
So, help me honor the great Oscar Wilde. Look his name up, and find some quotes that you like. Believe me, there are bound to be many.
I’ll leave you with the supposedly last thing he wrote before he died. By the way, you should look up his history too. Just to see what his life was like. It’s sad how things turned out.
My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has got to go
Until Next Time
J.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment